Popular Posts

Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Fly Outfit

So this year I finally decided I should start fly fishing. My boss and his son are avid fly fisherman and they keep talking to me about it. It was pretty confusing at first, as with anything, the jargon can be quite confusing... All I kept hearing were things like "nymphs", "hatches", "dry flies" the list goes on. Now they got me hook, line and sinker (pun completely intended) so the big decision is trying to figure out what to buy to get me started. I've had a few suggestions, and have done a little bit of searching on my own, and have narrowed it down to a list of 3 outfits so far (outfit = rod,reel,line). Temple Fork Outfitters NXT Outfit, Redington Path Outfit (used to be called Pursuit), and the St Croix Rio Santo Outfit. There is also a poll that I put up that coincides with this post. There should hopefully be some more searching and reviews to follow in the next little while. Until then... I will continue my search to find my first fly rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment